Wednesday 8 September 2010

Stranger Things Have Happened

Stranger things have happened. A person with a blog may actually write once in a while. It is time to write and create a little once again.

What is strange? To some extent, a thing is strange if it is not what we expect. So what do we expect?

What do we really expect? That can be an important question in some situations. At my church, The House, a common saying is that Expectation = Invitation. What we expect from God is often an invitation for him to act in that way.

Are our expectations of God high or low? Is he a good god? Have our experience and disappointments become our theology? When we don’t get the “perfect” response from him, can we still say “God is good”? Do we honestly believe he can and will answer our prayers?

What do we expect? What will we expect?

1 comment:

Vincent Carpenter said...

Years ago I read a reserch study accredited to Ron Hedberg stating that marriage couples that pray together have a 1% divorce rate. I have been promoting those statistics for years in a marriage class my wife and I lead but always wanted to have the actual study to back up the claims. Below is the site the study is supposed to be at but I could not find it. Can you tell me where I can find the actual study that supports the claim of the impact of prayer on marriage?
http://www.completemarriages.com/page7.html

Vincent Carpenter