Saturday 26 July 2008

Uppy! Uppy!

photoUppy, uppy! Carry me, carry me!

Carry me Lord when I am feeling tired.
Carry me when I doubt I can keep up,
Not just with the world,
But also keeping up with all you are doing in the world.
Carry me when I am feeling weak.
Carry me when I feel like giving up.
Carry me when I feel I might run out of hope.

Uppy, uppy!
Hold me close so we can look face to face.
I just want to be in your presence.
Let me see your smile.
Let me physically feel your touch, your presence.
Wrap your arms around me and just hold me.
Help me feel safe and secure in your loving arms.
Let me feel your compassionate love.

Uppy, uppy! Hold me high to see your perspective.
Give me your vision. Give me your long-term view.
Help me see what you see, in today’s reality and
What you see in the possibilities for the future.
Help me see the possibilities for my future.
Give me dreams and visions of your plans for me.
Open my eyes to what is really happening out there.
Open my eyes to what is really happening in me and through me.

Carry me, carry me! Carry me forward to where you are moving.
Carry me to where I can see your power and love at work.
Carry me to places where I will see you as the commander
Of thousands of mighty warrior angels.
Carry me to places that will reveal your glory.
Carry me to where your kingdom has come and is being displayed –
Here on earth as it is in heaven.

Carry me gently. Calm my fears.
Be patient with me. Dry me tears.

Uppy, uppy!
Gently lift me up.
Lovingly hold me.
Boldly carry me where I dare not go alone.
Let me feel your love today.

Uppy, uppy!

No comments: